Mold, dust mites, and mildew don’t have to make your day miserable. With a dehumidifier you are sure to breathe again. If you have respiratory problems, allergies and asthma, the use of a portable dehumidifier is a simple method of bringing restoring allergy relief. Humidity can be a great disease causing factor.
If you live close to coastal region, or it is foggy or rainy outside, you may get exposed to this risk depending on the temperature. And when relative humidity levels hike in your room, you are likely to feel uncomfortable and the room will smell musty. To help conquer all this fears, you need to acquire a dehumidifier.
Are you affected already?
Dust mites and mold are the two most notorious indoor allergens that can wreak havoc within no time in humid environment. If you suffer from environmental allergies, chances are very high that you are sensitive to either dust mites or mold, or both. These pervasive indoor allergens reproduce through tiny spores that easily float through the air. Coming into contact and breathing in these tiny spores normally cause:Table of Contents
According to Dr. Michael Ruff, a researcher in the American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology, humidity directly promotes dust mite population growth and mold growth. Further studies have proven beyond doubt that neither dust mites nor mold can survive naturally when the indoor relative humidity drops below 45 percent. This comes as good news because with the use of a dehumidifier, you can easily achieve it.TOP
Prolonged exposure to indoor allergens is known to set off allergic sensitivity and is a major cause of asthma and rhinitis. Depending on the climatic condition and especially during the warm months of the year when humidity peaks, dehumidification not only adds comfort in your home, but also maintains your good health.
Who really needs a dehumidifier?
Everybody who lives in a place which has humid climatic condition run the risk of experiencing humidity related issues. However, if you have asthma allergies or and live in aforementioned place, the writing is on the wall that you desperately need a dehumidifier. Other indicators of moisture presence in your home include:small dehumidifier TOP
Condensation on windows
· Musty smells
· A stuffy feeling inside your room
· Wet stains on ceilings and walls
· Rotting wood
Environmental allergies and other respiratory problems. If you get allergic attacks or have respiratory trouble and live in a musty room, you will want to use a dehumidifier to counter the effects. A small portable dehumidifier that you can carry around any room inside your house, say, your bedroom will go a long way in reducing cases such as sneezing and wheezing.
Indoor environments with excessive moisture will tend to bring condensation on windows, develop stains on ceilings and walls and thus cause a stuffy feeling. Such conditions make fungus and mold to thrive inside your room and beneath carpets and furniture. A dehumidifier reduces the excess moisture in the air, which makes it difficult for the hazardous mold to grow. Such a handy device will prove useful in moist areas such as bathrooms, child’s bedroom or even hallway.
To allergy prone individuals, nothing comes handy when visiting a basement that is below-grade than a small portable dehumidifier. It will help you keep basement moisture down to manageable levels. You can make full use of your basement by converting it to sports room without fear of allergic attacks due to excessive humidity.TOP
A small dehumidifier can be used to mold prone areas inside the house such as cabinets under the kitchen sink. If you like performing cleaning chores in your house and you are sensitive to molds, purchasing a dehumidifier at home will prevent you from sneezing, nasal stuffiness and skin irritation. It will also limit the growth of mildew and mold.
Why a Small Dehumidifier is Perfect for Your Home
You probably already are aware that HEPA vacuums and HEPA air purifiers remove sniffle causing indoor allergens in your room. But did you know that small dehumidifiers can help you subdue your symptoms even further? The secret to its power is due to:
Affordable price. The cost of dehumidifiers range widely depending on their portability, size and capacity. Small sized dehumidifiers are more affordable than bigger units and have less or zero installation cost. They are cheap to maintain and occupies less space as opposed to large units.
If mold and mildew are common place in your room, it is time to check the room’s relative humidity. The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America recommends maintaining the indoor relative humidity below 45% to discourage mold growth. Relative humidity of a given room is measured using a humidity gauge and a dehumidifier is used to keep it in check.
Mold, dust mites and mildew are all infamous agents of allergies. With an affordable small dehumidifier, you can keep these unwelcome guests in their right place- outside your home.
High humidity directly promotes the population growth of dust mites and mold growth therefore increasing the amount of chitin allergen in the air. Furthermore, high humidity draws other pest, cause wood rotting and brings musty smells in your house. Humidity control using a small dehumidifier is not only a simple and affordable method of allergy relief, but also a wise and lifelong investment in your health.